Difference between revisions of "Template:KnownIssues PlutoniumImporting"
m (→Importing Lots of conent)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
===Importing Scenes (ie Full Maps with all the tokens, lighting, and walls defined)
(ie Full Maps with all the tokens, lighting, and walls defined)
doesn't exist, yet.
You'll want to either import a world (which has all that) or module for a compendium which will have some of that.
Latest revision as of 07:14, 30 June 2020
Importing Lots of conent
- Firefox appears to have a memory leak. If you choose to import a large amount of content at one time you should consider triggering the garbage collector, every few minutes.
- SEPARATELY: Importing LARGE amounts of content (over 500+ entities (Actors/Journal sheets etc) at a time can create problems for the Forge. Try to import only in small batches as KaKaRaTo's system has limits on memory/processor usage.
- (ie how do I import Full Maps with all the tokens, lighting, and walls defined)
- You're likely attempting to do that via import -> adventure; and that doesn't do that. (just like with BetteR20 - as stated above).
- So this doesn't exist, yet.
- You'll want to either import a world (which has all that) or the add-on module for a compendium which will have some of that.
Which is better Compendium or World
- In general, Compendiums are a good solutions. Compendiums don't load their contents until they're brought into the game.
- In comparison, importing into the World directly does load into for the players so you may wish to check with them about site/campaign/world performance, but it does allows folderization of the data so its organization is easier.
- If there are issues move non-essential content into a compendium for your use.
- So, Organization and higher memory requirements (World) or lower memory requirements and less order (Compendium)
|Access||In Game||Extra Steps||N/A|