R20es: User Guide
PLEASE NOTE: Roll20 Enhancement Suite (aka VTT es/ R20es), is not part of BetteR20 or 5eTools. However; as BetteR20 installation is enhanced/simplified by already having VTT es/R20es installed, this Wiki covers its content to (HOPEFULLY) prevent BetteR20 users from requesting help on BetteR20 issues on the VTTes/R20es Discord server or other platforms (Reddit/Roll20.net Forum, etc).
You may have been looking for help on the Roll20 Enhancement Suite (also known as VTTes or R20es) and if so, this will hopefully answer the common questions around such.
So, for that let's directly link to where you likely want to go...
What it's not
- The first thing you should know is that's not 5eTools, and not BetteR20. It's an extension made by Justas "Stormy" Dabrila. It is a way to enhance Roll20 with a number of usability and UI elements that expand, and even simplify running Roll20. His work stands alone, and so these pages reflect users understanding of his work.
- Errors made here in the wiki are reflective only of the wiki's author(s), and not of the work Stormy has done.
What it is
The VTT Enhancement Suite (aka VTT es and R20es) is according to its creator
An unofficial quality of life and workflow extension for Roll20.
It is an extension for the browser, which is to say - it's a program that runs only in the browser and only when you access Roll20.net. It does not monitor or share your information nor does it hack the Roll20 website, what it does do it modify the data the website provides to browser so that things work a bit different.
R20es is, in short, safe. Better yet, it makes Roll20 better.
What this page is
How do I get it?
- First... can you run it?
- See here
- Then, it will depend upon what browser you are using.
- for a more detailed guide - see the 💾 R20es installation guide.
How do you use it?
- Mostly, it's going to be about how you play.
- There are LOTS of features in VTTes/R20es, and you'll need to understand what you can do before anyone can tell you how to do what you may want to do with it...
- or are looking some help with how to get things to work.
- In Roll20, click the sidetoolbar's setting, and if VTTes/R20es is loaded properly (see Installation Guide) you will see the buttons for R20es Tools and R20es Config.
- Which will bring up the following dialog window that has three distinct parts.
1️⃣ In this part are the specific features, listed by category.
- Disable Player Drawing
- Adjustable GM Layer opacity
- Remember Text Tool Settings
- Animated Backgrounds
- Alternative Token Radial Menu
- Arrow key Camera Controls
- Disable Animations
- Night Mode (deprecated)
- Display Current Layer on Canvas
- Mouse Click to Switch to Token Layer
- Scale Token Names by Size
- Draw Token Layer on Tokens
- Transparent Canvas UI Dialog
- Hide Player List
- "Duplicate" in the Journal Context Menu
- Character Sheet Ability Macro Generator
- 2️⃣ This is the pane in which the individual settings are presented.
- Note: clicking upon the checkbox will NOT initiate the update int this panel, for that you need to click upon the feature name directly in panel 1️⃣.
- 3️⃣ The Change Log for VTTes/R20es and the About dialog box, which lists the current version and provides links to the Discord Server, Github and Coffee
A note Each Feature's wiki page will denote which items are DM only, Requires the DM & Players to Run, or are will run for the PC (even if the DM doesn't use the script).
Icon Meaning GM only feature Requires Players Run the Script to make use of this feature. Either DM or PC can use this feature. Requires DM to run this feature to for Players to use/have access to it.