Difference between revisions of "R20es: User Guide"
m (→The tools)
m (→The tools)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 12:52, 9 July 2019
PLEASE NOTE: Roll20 Enhancement Suite (aka VTT es/ R20es), is not part of BetteR20 or 5eTools. However; as BetteR20 installation is enhanced/simplified by already having VTT es/R20es installed, this Wiki covers its content to (HOPEFULLY) prevent BetteR20 users from requesting help on BetteR20 issues on the VTTes/R20es Discord server or other platforms (Reddit/Roll20.net Forum, etc).
You may have been looking for help on the Roll20 Enhancement Suite (also known as VTTes or R20es) and if so, this will hopefully answer the common questions around such.
So, for that let's directly link to where you likely want to go...
NOT BetteR20 or 5eTools
The first thing you should know is that's not 5eTools, and not BetteR20. It's an extension made by Justas "Stormy" Dabrila. It is a way to enhance Roll20 with a number of usability and UI elements that expand, and even simplify running Roll20. His work stands alone, and so these pages reflect users understanding of his work.
Errors made here are reflective only of the author(s), and not of the work Stormy has done.
How do I get it?
First... can you run it?
- MINIMUM REQUIRED BROWSERS:
- LATEST VERSION BROWSERS:
- KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH BROWSER VERSIONS:
- Brave; Avast; Edge are all offshoots of the base build for Chromium - they may work, but ... if you have issues, you will need to check against a current release of the main browser. If the issue does not persist on the current release of official Chrome... then you have found why they are not officially supported.
- WaterFox is not supported. It runs on a dated branch of Firefox build
- ESR release is also, NOT supported, it runs on version 60, which is lower than the minimum required version for Firefox. Consider switching to the default branch of Firefox.
Then, it depends on what browser you are using.
For Opera ... realize you'll get NO support for BetteR20 if you are attempting to use it, but ...
for a more detailed guide - see the 💾 R20es installation guide.
How do you use it?
Mostly, it's going to be about how you play. There are LOTS of features in VTTes/R20es, and you'll need to understand what you can do before anyone can tell you how to do what you may want to do with it...
or are looking some help with how to get things to work.
In Roll20, click the sidetoolbar's 15px setting, and if VTTes/R20es is loaded properly (see Installation Guide) you will see the buttons for R20es Tools and R20es Config.
- Remember Text Tool Settings
Quickly browse the official classes, and their associated subclasses. Unearthed Arcana content can be accessed by cycling the "All Sources" button.
- Animated Backgrounds
A list of the various Backgrounds for character development
- Alternative Token Radial Menu
- Arrow key Camera Controls
- Disable Animations
A Basic tool for ability stats generation (point buy, array, dice roll)
- Night Mode (deprecated)
An automated version of the character background generator from Xanathar's Guide to Everything.
- Display Current Layer on Canvas
A collection of racial name tables found in Xanathar's Guide to Everything.
- Mouse Click to Switch to Token Layer
- Scale Token Names by Size
- Transparent Canvas UI Dialog
- Hide Player List
- Open Turn Tracker on Initiative
A fully-customizable Dungeon Master's screen, featuring an initiative tracker; a unit converter, embedded images, videos, and sites; and the majority of 5etools' content. Adventures
- Ping Visible Token
- Select Token
Objects are the Siege weapons currently.
- Automatically Sort Initiative
- Advanced Initiative Shortcut
A verbose, in-depth Challenge Rating calculator, for determining the CR of homebrew creatures.
- Move Camera to Token
- Bulk Macros
- Reassign "Represents" when duplicating
- Character Token Editor
- Roll & Apply Hit Dice
- Token Resize
- Character Importer/Exporter
- Jukebox Importer/Exporter (Libre Audioa)
- Player Macro Importer/Exporter
- Table Importer/Exporter
- "Duplicate" in the Journal Context Menu
- Character Sheet Ability Macro Generator