Creating and Contributing
- The homebrew repository can be found here: https://github.com/TheGiddyLimit/homebrew/
- The schemata for the main site data can be found here: https://github.com/TheGiddyLimit/TheGiddyLimit.github.io/tree/master/test/schema
- Note: one large advantage of contributing to this repo, is that your files will be kept up-to-date as changes are made to the main site.
- The following is a listing of common used applications for homebrewing content on 5eTools. They are text editors with some additional features to help with coding.
- Each will list ; Where to download them (💾), and how to configure them (📝).
- For testing the valid formating of the JSON
- JSON manipulation tools (to csv, to csv, beautify, minifying etc)
- Renderer Demo
- a demo of, and example/tester for JSON rendering; site specific tags defined, and examples shown, in their application; and of a generalized JSON format
JSON to CSV
Extracting text from content
- 5eTools Specific
- Based on badooga's script, this set of tools extract text from PDFs into Markdown, and converts it into an adecuate JSON file. Works for books and adventures.
- https://github.com/badooga/Programs/blob/master/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons/5eTools/markdown_to_5etools.py Badooga's Markdown to JSON converter]
- (for Adventures or Books)
- Generic text extractors
- Works well with Badooga's python script
Extracting Art from Content
- Via Dedicated PDF Reader
Art conversion tools
- FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created. It supports the most obscure ancient formats up to the cutting edge. No matter if they were designed by some standards committee, the community or a corporation. It is also highly portable: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and passes our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. under a wide variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
- Helpful tools FFmpeg configuration Guide
- Simple Guide for FFmpeg
- XnConvert is a fast, powerful and free cross-platform batch image converter, It allows to automate editing for your massive photo collections, you can rotate, convert and compress your different images, photos and pictures easily, and apply over 80 actions (like resize, crop, color adjustements, filter, ...). All common picture and graphics formats are supported (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WEBP, PSD, JPEG2000, OpenEXR, camera RAW, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2). You can save and re-use your presets for another batch image convert
- GIMP is a free and open-source raster graphics editor used for image manipulation and image editing, free-form drawing, transcoding between different image file formats, and more specialized tasks. GIMP is released under GPLv3+ license and is available for Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows