Foundry is an up-and-coming VTT created by a passionate and communicative development team (of one), which 5etools highly recommends as a modern alternative to Roll20. Our Foundry module, Plutonium, is currently available for beta testing to Patrons, and will be made publicly accessible some time after Foundry (itself in Beta) is released. An overview of the features available can be found below. To those familiar with our now-deprecated Roll20 script, betteR20, we aim to expand on the feature set provided therein, while improving the user experience.
The various features have their own pages to funnel questions and FAQs for those features and their use and to track specific changes in those features.
Each table row can be sorted by clicking upon the arrows nearest it's heading. Please reference the key follow this table for more help.
|Import content into Foundry||✅||✅|
|Import Option/Class Feature||✅||✅|
|Import Psionic Powers||✅||✅|
|Import Races (and subraces)||✅||✅|
|Bulk Move Collections||✅|
|Bulk Permission Editor||✅|
|Config Fast Animation||✅|
|Display Detected Backend||✅|
|Fix ESC key||✅|
|Mass Spell Prepared||✅|
|Name Browser Tab||✅|
|Token Missing Health||✅|
|..🚧..||Under construction (Several of these - either the feature itself or the page/documentation - are under development.) Check the To Do List to see which pages are done.|
|GM only feature|
|Requires Players Run the Script to make use of this feature.|
|Either DM or PC can use this feature.|
|Requires DM to run this feature to for Players to use/have access to it.|
|Canvas (these features are for the gamespace; the place where the game is played and the UI elements interact)|
|Jukebox: Playlists; Tracks|
Add-on Modules for FoundryVTT with similar or overlapping features
- Currently the following Modules generate errors or cause usability issues if installed and active concurrently with Plutonium.
- Plutonium features cause conflicts or are redundant with the follow modules:
Beyond2 (naming the tab breaks Beyond20) Mytab (redundant feature)
- These Modules mirror or essentially create the same functionality so their use may create conflict or may be redudant, unneeded, periphrastic, saying or doing the same thing more than once, repetitive, palaverous, pleonastic, some might say even tautological.
Import/Reference content - Importing: Conditions - Conditions5e - Importing - DnD Beyond Importer (unless you have homebrew/custom items on D&D Beyond) - Media/Art Browser - Drag Upload (Get Over Here!) - This is an interaction issue, the click drag from art repo triggers Drag Upload's feature and creates an unwanted link to the source.
Redundant Module Features - Browser Tab Name - myTab - Sheet Popout Button - PopOut! - Metric Converter - Metric System - Bulk Permission Editor - Batch Permission By Folder
- Adventures - Adventure Import/Export ; DnD Beyond Importer (A great system for those who use DnD Beyond for their digital properties - Bonus; its a very well done design)
- Items/Monster/Feats; etc importer - DnD Beyond Importer ;  ; Community Tables; Beyond20 (Another DnD Beyond importer); [ https://gitlab.com/fohswe/smip-compendium] ;