- If you know the name of your feature, this page will serve as a Table of Contents to link you to the entry(ies) for the feature(s) you have interest in finding more about.
- If you do NOT know the name of your feature, Look at Keys and identify the icon(s) sort and look for entries with icon(s) that match the general area of your interest, then read through the entries - most entries will (at the bottom) link to similar functions or by keyword.
- REMEMBER, at the bottom of the feature article there are details on FAQ, Best Practices and Known Issues.
Foundry is an up-and-coming VTT created by a passionate and communicative development team (of one), which 5etools highly recommends as a modern alternative to Roll20. Our Foundry module, Plutonium, is currently available for beta testing to Patrons, and will be made publicly accessible some time after Foundry (itself in Beta) is released. An overview of the features available can be found below. To those familiar with our now-deprecated Roll20 script, betteR20, we aim to expand on the feature set provided therein, while improving the user experience.
The various features have their own pages to funnel questions and FAQs for those features and their use and to track specific changes in those features.
Each table row can be sorted by clicking upon the arrows nearest it's heading. Please reference the key follow this table for more help.
|..🚧..||Under construction (Several of these - either the feature itself or the page/documentation - are under development.) Check the To Do List to see which pages are done.|
|GM only feature|
|Requires Players Run the Script to make use of this feature.|
|Either DM or PC can use this feature.|
|Requires DM to run this feature to for Players to use/have access to it.|
|Canvas (these features are for the gamespace; the place where the game is played and the UI elements interact)|
|Jukebox: Playlists; Tracks|
Add-on Modules for FoundryVTT with similar or overlapping features
The sections below follow the structure of [Inciting Module] [Reason as to why it is advised against]
- Beyond20 (Naming the tab breaks Beyond20)
- MyTab (Redundant feature, breaks Rivet)
- OneJournal and Forien's Quest Log (The Journal Embed setting should be disabled to be able to use any of those modules)
- Babele (Prone to cause errors when importing, mainly lack of images and special effects.)
- Tool Proficiencies for 5e (Duplication of function, causes failure to load.)
- Drag Upload (Get Over Here!) (Incompatibility with the Art Repo. Dragging from the Art Repo triggers Drag Upload and creates an unwanted link to the source.)
- PopOut! - Sheet Popout Button
- Metric System - Metric Converter
- D&D Beyond Importer - Importing (unless you have homebrew/custom items on D&D Beyond [which you can convert for 5eTools])
- Batch Permission By Folder (0.6.6 Only) - Bulk Permission Editor