R20es Install Guide
You must use the current (non-ESR) version of one of the following browsers. If you are, click on the browser you're using
- NOTICE: As of 2019-09-30, the extension has been taken down from the Chrome Web Store in fear of copyright violation.
- The original takedown statement can be read here
- Installing the extension is still possible but convoluted.
- If this is daunting; We recommend using Firefox to avoid the extra steps.
- How to Install
- Download the extension here
- Extract the zip file somewhere permanent.
- Copy & Paste
chrome://extensionsinto the URL bar and press enter.
- Enable "Developer Mode" in the top right.
- Click "Load unpacked" in the top left.
- Select the extracted extension folder and click the "Open"/"Select" button
- Make sure to not delete the extension folder as that will remove the extension.
Source Stormy's Site Notes
- This process disables the auto-update feature; and so it is advised you join the Discord Server for VTTes for notifications on new releases. (which will require you to revisit these steps to install the updated extension)
- IF you modify/remove/relocate the directory or its contents inside the unpacked directory you will disable the extension. Please don't do that.
Visit the Roll20 Website.
If this is the first time you've installed the extension a popup notification will appear to begin familiarizing you with the extension and its features.
Otherwise, you'll see a notification in the chat dialog box like what is pictured on the below.
If you see that then the extension has loaded correctly.
If you do not, you'll want to visit the Troubleshooting Guide for R20es.
How to update the code
The extension will update itself as Stormy updates the code automatically for Firefox.
For Chrome you are advised to Join the VTTes Discord server to be made aware of updates; and to update you will need to follow the installation instructions above, and be sure to remove (or at least disable) the prior version of the extension.
How to Uninstall the Extension
From time to time want to uninstall and reinstall the extension for troubleshooting problems with errors in Roll20 that occur.
Uninstall an extension
- To the right of your address bar, look for the extension's icon.
- Right-click the icon and select Remove from Chrome.
If you don't see the extension's icon:
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More More Tools > and then Extensions.
- Next to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
- Confirm by clicking Remove.
How to Roll Back
- Clear your browser cache
- Close completely your browser and reopen it
PLEASE NOTE: Roll20 Enhancement Suite (aka VTT es/ R20es), is not part of BetteR20 or 5eTools. However; as BetteR20 installation is enhanced/simplified by already having VTT es/R20es installed, this Wiki covers its content to (HOPEFULLY) prevent BetteR20 users from requesting help on BetteR20 issues on the VTTes/R20es Discord server or other platforms (Reddit/Roll20.net Forum, etc).