R20es Install Guide
You must use the current (non-ESR) version of one of the following browsers. If you are, click on the browser you're using
- NOTICE: As of 2019-09-30, the extension has been taken down from the Chrome Web Store in fear of copyright violation.
- The original takedown statement can be read here
- Installing the extension is still possible but convoluted.
- If this is daunting; We recommend using Firefox to avoid the extra steps.
- How to Install
- Download the extension here
- Extract the zip file somewhere permanent.
- Copy & Paste
chrome://extensionsinto the URL bar and press enter.
- Enable "Developer Mode" in the top right.
- Click "Load unpacked" in the top left.
- Select the extracted extension folder and click the "Open"/"Select" button
- Make sure to not delete the extension folder as that will remove the extension.
- This process disables the auto-update feature; and so it is advised you join the Discord Server for VTTes for notifications on new releases. (which will require you to revisit these steps to install the updated extension)
Visit the Roll20 Website.
If this is the first time you've installed the extension a popup notification will appear to begin familiarizing you with the extension and its features.
Otherwise, you'll see a notification in the chat dialog box like what is pictured on the below.
If you see that then the extension has loaded correctly.
If you do not, you'll want to visit the Troubleshooting Guide for R20es.
If you are using BetteR20, you're using Roll20, VTTes/R20es, Tampermonkey and BetteR20, and sometimes things will occur that create problems in your gaming experience that you'll want to troubleshoot and report to the devs to get fixed.
Part of using 5eTools and by extension BetteR20; is the understanding that you're not going to be reporting on public posts, that you're having an issue, or to other discord servers.
BASIC TESTING PROCESS
- MINIMUM REQUIRED BROWSERS:
- LATEST VERSION BROWSERS:
- KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH BROWSER VERSIONS:
- Update branch 73 is bugged, please update to 74.
- Update branch 73 is bugged, please update to 74.
- WaterFox is not supported. It runs on a dated branch of Firefox build
- ESR release is also, NOT supported, it runs on version 60, which is lower than the minimum required version for Firefox. Consider switching to the default branch of Firefox.
if you are not, update your browser and then close and restart.
if you are not, update your browser and then close and restart it.
3️⃣ Refresh the page by doing a
ctrl + F5. Yes. It's simple, easy and resolves most of the issues.
5️⃣ 6️⃣ 7️⃣ 8️⃣ 9️⃣
If the issue appears in only one browser, or even only on one computer (if you have more than one computer to test upon). You'll want to do the following.
- 👉 AGRESSIVELY Empty Cache:
- WARNING: THIS WILL DELETE YOUR PASSWORD AND USERNAME FROM THE BROWSER,
- BUT NOT THE ROLL20 SITE, IF YOU'VE LET THE BROWSER REMEMBER YOUR USERNAME/PASSWORD.
caching issues chrome go to settings find a site settings option go to Storage go to 5etools.com delete everything
firefox in the clear private data menu for deleting offline website data
If the problem exists between browsers, then its likely, not just a local issue. Make sure you've keep entering into the same game. Make sure your efforts to see what is happening include attempting to
generate the error other games (even if you have to create a game to test.)
4️⃣ Disable other extensions (this includes Tampermonkey) and do a ctrl + F5. If the problem or setting(s) you are attempting to work with are not present, the issue resides outside of R20ES.
Disable R20ES and attempt to use Roll20 without it. (It may be that Roll20 has something going on with it independently.
Try Uninstalling and reinstalling the VTT ES (R20ES) extension.
if the problem isn't with R20ES, and specifcally if the problem is with tampermonkey scripts. Use that script's support discord/wiki
Once you've confirmed the issue is with R20ES. State the problem AND the steps to reproduce the problem, feel free to add screenshots, and where possible provide the error (red) text from the console. ( ctrl+shift+J opens the console - Red Text are the error messages)
(you do not need to screenshot a "Uh-oh" error screen. The console or debug results are what is going to be sought. Be prepared to provide that when asked...)
Copy and fill out this:
ISSUE: a statement of the issue STEPS: what you need to do to generate it BROWSER: what browser and version you are using EXTENSION(s): what extensions are you running when the error presents. CONSOLE: copy of what the console or error message(s) show
Specify EVERYTHING, saying "current version" doesn't mean you are, knowing what the current version is, does indicate that you've checked and confirmed such. Use to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ check if it really is. Template:IdentifyR20Product
How to update the code
The extension will update itself as Stormy updates the code automatically.
How to Uninstall the Extension
From time to time want to uninstall and reinstall the extension for troubleshooting problems with errors in Roll20 that occur.
Uninstall an extension
- To the right of your address bar, look for the extension's icon.
- Right-click the icon and select Remove from Chrome.
If you don't see the extension's icon:
PLEASE NOTE: Roll20 Enhancement Suite (aka VTT es/ R20es), is not part of BetteR20 or 5eTools. However; as BetteR20 requires VTT es/R20es, this Wiki covers its content to (HOPEFULLY) prevent BetteR20 users from requesting help on BetteR20 issues on the VTTes/R20es Discord server or other platforms (Reddit/Roll20.net Forum, etc).