The search feature is a way to rapidly use Chromes address bar to search the 5eTools site.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under "Search engine," click Manage search engines.
- Find "Other search engines." To the right of "Other search engines," click Add.
- Fill out the text fields
- Search Engine: 5eTools
- Keyword: 5e
- URL with %s in place of query:
- click Add.
How to use
- From the Address bar you can now searching 5etools by typing
5e <search term(s)>
so you can make a search of the site by typing (example)
5e Magic Missile
from the address bar.
The following search syntax is available:
in:<category>where <category> can be "spell", "item", "bestiary", etc.
source:<abbreviation>where <abbreviation> is an abbreviated source/book name ("PHB", "MM", etc.)
- Looks like its perfect... (Did we miss anything?)
- Nothing's here (Do you have any suggestions?)
- If you do not have access to, or ownership of some of the materials being referenced and indexed for easier access and availability, you should Blacklist those items you do not have, and visit either your Local Friend Gaming Store (LFGS); Thiftbook storefront or Amazon.com. For help the resource list will link to where the materials can be purchased or downloaded.
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.