Feature: Table Importer
- Found in the Open Tools list.
- The table importer allows you to take data and easily format it into a way to quickly create rollable tables for you use in the game.
- If you are not familiar with Rollable Tables you can read more about it here. But, as a quick overview its a set of options from which an entry can be randomly picked.
- Both Better20 and VTTES/R20ES have this feature;
- File Format: The feature uses The Aaron's TableExport API script's format .
!import-table -- <table_name>
- as the first line to define the table's name, and then
!import-table --<table_name> --<table_item> --<weight> --<image_URL>
- table_name = is The Name of the table
- table_item = is a line entry on that table
- weight = is the number of times this entry effectively occurs on the table. In a table in which the total of all items' weight equals 100, an entry with a weight of 25 would equal a 25% chance.
- Image_URL = The address for the Image.
Example: A table named Sample-Mood-Ring.
!import-table --Sample-Mood-Ring --show !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Black] Stressed --1 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Red] Fear --1 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Yellow] Nervous --1 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Green] Romance --2 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Blue] Normal --10 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Lapis] Relaxed --5 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Navy] Calm --3 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Purple] Cool --4 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Pink] Lovable --7 -- !import-table-item --Sample-Mood-Ring --[Orange] Passion --2 --
- Attempting to upload a 5eTools homebrew file that is or includes Table information doesn't work, and results a notification of the failure.
- Explaination:This is as intended and designed. The format for 5eTools tables are in JSON, while the tables exports are not.
- Nothing's here (Do you have any suggestions?)
- Here is a link to a Public Table Exchange
- And to a reddit group for Tables
- Roll20 Resources 📇 Tables
- If you do not include a number the weight will default to "0" (effectively no entry)
- If you do not include a URL no image will be included.
- While Homebrew: Tables does allow for the creation of customized tables, that does not import into Roll20 as the formating differs.
Did that answer your question(s)?
If not please check the under section Feature Support Known Isseus/Limitations or visit the Known Issues page for further guidance, or go to the Discord community and leave a comment in the issues channel.
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.