Feature: Sort Transmogrifier
- Transmogrifier is a Paid subscription feature that allows you to transfer characters, maps, decks, macros, handouts, rollable tables, Jukeboxplaylist, etc.
- By default, the list is sorted by the unique ID internal to each element (this why you can have several characters, handouts, maps, etc all with the same name and they not overwrite each other).
- This tool organizes the entries in alphabetical order - which can be INCREDIBLY helpful when you want to move content between games.
- The Transmogrifier is a tool which allows you to take elements out of any of your games and put them into any other game that you own. It works similarly to the Copy/Extend Game feature, but you can use it to add objects to in-progress games.
- Content that can be 'Transmogrified':
- Rollable tables
- Jukebox playlist
- There are a few tips to keep in mind when using the Transmogrifier:
- The transmogrifying tool does not allow you to take anything from someone else's game and move it to yours nor does it allow you to move anything from your games to your friend's.
- Currently, if you try to copy over an existing object, you will receive a warning that it will be overwritten. This is based on the original ID of the object, not the name, so it should only happen if you really did already copy over that object previously. Pages don't have this restriction due to the way that they are implemented, so you can copy over the same page as many times as you'd like.
- You can't copy over Players or Macros. This means that any "Controlled By" flags that are set on tokens/characters will need to be set again once they are in the new game.
- If you don't copy a Character and you copy a Page that has tokens that represent that Character, you will need to manually change them back to "Generic Token".
Feature/Formatting Requirements (if any)
- You must have a paid subscription and the game(s) you are moving between must be game you made (you cannot move elements between games between different GMs/Co-GMs through this tool (See Module Import/Export)
Instructions(How to use it)
- If you meet the requirements:
- To use the Transmogrifier, just click the "Transmogrifier" button under the Experimental Features section of the My Settings tab on the right sidebar (the "gear" icon). The Transmogrifier window will open, with the current game pre-selected.
- To move copy between games, simply choose the two games you want to use in the drop-down menus (it doesn't matter which game is in which drop-down). A listing of all the objects in the game that are eligible to be moved will appear. Just drag and drop between the two lists to copy elements between the games. Note that you are copying elements, not moving them, so the original will remain in the first game.
- Requires a paid subscription to use Transmogrfier.
- Nothing's here (Do you have any suggestions?)
- None as yet (Do you have any suggestions?)
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.
Do you have time to take a Survey?