Feature: Module Importer/Exporter
- Found in the Open Tools list.
- A game backup and recovery system.
- This saves the maps, tables, Decks, & character to a file saved locally so that you don't lose it, and so that you can share your work with other DMs.
- Portions of this feature are configurable through the Configuration Editor's Import Tab.
- Export Game to File
- Converts all of the Maps, Journal Entries (Handouts & Character Sheets), Token Actions, Decks, and Rollable tables into a JSON file stored locally.
- Load from 5eTools
- Clicking this pulls the 5eTools repository for Modules. From that list, one Module can be picked
- Clicking this attempts to pull the file from a specific (often local) location.
3. Import Category
- Character - (this covers all PCs, NPCs, and Monsters)
- Handout -
- Jukebox Playlist - (Thanks to Stormy Roll20 Enhancement Suite )
- Jukebox Tracks -
- Rollable Tables
NOTE: The script-wide configurable "rest time" options (found in the Config Editor ) affect how quickly each category of entries is imported (tables and decks use the "Handout" rest time value)
Walkthrough (How to use it)
- Choose either Load from 5eTools, or Upload file
- Navigate to the module/file you wish to use
- Choose the Import Category you wish to import from the drop-down list.
- Choose the item(s) from the list you wish to import, or choose all
- Click Import.
- Click Export Game to File (the exporter exports the game you are currently in)
- Choose which category(ies) you wish to export.
- Save file
The file will include all categories in one file. Which it should prompt you with where to save it locally. navigate to the location with your file manager to confirm its existence, or if its not there, check to confirm you've followed the directions by trying it again.
Support/Suggested Use Guidance.
(this is a community-curated set of best practices / FAQ on the feature's support and solutions/workarounds.)
While you can import the categories in any order.
If you are importing maps, and wish to use them "as is" (with the encounters/monsters that are there), we recommend importing characters also, until their associated character sheets are imported, they do NOT have a reference for their bars (HP / AC etc). Attempting to modify them before the character sheets are loaded may break that link, even if their charcter sheet is later loaded, and you would then have to manually go and reassign the tokens that have been modified.
NOTE: The script-wide configurable "rest time" options (found in the Config Editor ) affect how quickly each category of entries is imported (tables and decks use the "Handout" rest time value).
NOTE: Configuration options (aside from "rest time" as detailed above) do not affect the module importer. It effectively "clones" the content as-exported from the original module, including any whisper/advantage/token actions/ etc sort of settings.
Did that not answer your question(s)?
if not please check the Known Issues page for further guidance, or leave a comment below to let others know (and help you).