Feature: Line Splitter
- For use with the Dynamic Lights feature on Roll20. It adds the Cutter Icon to the Brush tool on the Toolbar on Roll20.
- Often when making lighting boundaries over complicated maps the polygon lines are long and complicated. This tool allows you to break those longer lines into
Instructions (How to use it)
- As shown in the image above.
- Go to the Dynamic Lighting layer
- Zoom the view into the area where you want to make the change
- Choose the Line Splitter tool <need image>
- Place the center of the crosshairs on the dynamic lighting line you wish to break. (NOTE: if you are not on the line nothing will happen.)
- The line (if correctly targeted) will break at that point.
Use Case Example (Why/When to use it)
- Imagine having a map with secret doors or something destructive ... (a Passwall spell/disintegrate/explosives), which necessitates the modification of the established walls or in the case of secret doors where differing lines could show the door because of misalignment of the line - of the (if you've ever done it) attempting to grab that secret door.
- Looks like its perfect... (Did we miss anything?)
- Nothing's here (Do you have any suggestions?)
- To make it easier to target the dynamic lighting boundaries try to zoom in as far as possible.
- When making Dynamic Lighting boundary lines use thicker lines, and lines that are in contrast to the map layer. ( I suggest red, blue, or bright green).
Did that answer your question(s)?
If not please check the under section Feature Support Known Isseus/Limitations or visit the Known Issues page for further guidance, or go to the Discord community and leave a comment in the issues channel.
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.