Feature: Journal Cleaner
- Found in the Open Tools list.
- This is a means to quickly remove items from the Journal.
- As 5eTools can import or create a large amount of content, sometimes to increase performance, troubleshoot or just remove any materials you wish to more quickly than going file by file and deleting one, waiting for a refresh and then deleting the next.
- This tool is helpful in troubleshooting issues with creatures that have been imported, allowing you delete them and re-import them with corrected settings (Token Actions, Configuration of the Tokens, or simplifying importing after a timeout or error-filled importing.
The file listing uses "\" to denote folder structure in the names.
For a Treant File the file named within the Plant directory inside the Monsters directory . would show up as:
Walkthrough (How to use it)
By default, the tool helps delete journal entries in the journal's Root directory. The Root is where materials restored from the Archives are dumped by default.
- Go to Settings
- Choose Open Tools List
- Choose Journal Cleaner and Open
- You may directly choose the files you wish to delete and mark those or use the search to identify the files and mark them from the resulting results from the search.
- Click Delete Selected
Files are not Showing
- If you have just restored (un-archived) or added several journal entries (characters/handouts) it may not list those within the tool.
- Work Around: to bypass this, make a new folder and pull one of the journal entries that didn't show into the folder.
- Restart the Journal Cleaner, the entries should now be listed.
- REASON: Documents that are archived are always there, just not shown. Moving them around while Unarchived forces the tool to see them - more so if they move into a folder, which archived journal entries can do.
- You may also restart the session to reload the journal.
- Nothing's here (Do you have any suggestions?)
- None as yet (Do you have any suggestions?)
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.