Feature: Dynamic Lighting
This allows for you to have use of the Dynamic Lighting feature while having a free subscription service. Dynamic Lighting is a combination of limiting what the player's character's can see, and limiting and limiting movement upon the map.
If the DM/GM of the game does not have a subscription, then in order for the player's to see the DM's dynamic lighting configurations, all the players in the session must run the script.
GM: (if running the Script)
- Must have Dynamic Lighting 🗹 Enabled on the Map's Page Settings.
- Must have the script running
- Must have a character token on the map they have control of with 🗹 Has Sight is marked, and either Emits Light marked, or another token within line of sight that Emits Light and has 🗹 All Players See Light marked.
Walkthrough (How to use it)
The feature is enabled by default when the script is running. It is not needed if the user that created the game is Pro or Plus level subscription as those games will automatically have Dynamic Lighting already and so the players will not need to run the script to experience dynamic lighting.
There are a number of guides on how to configure and use Dynamic Lighting.
As a gross overview of the relevant settings:..
- (in Settings ↦ Advanced)
Page Settings (Map)
- (Page Toolbar ↦ Page Settings)
- Enabled - Effectively a blackout screen which the GM reveals piece by piece through drawing tools.
- Enabled - toggles the Advanced Fog of War on or off
- Show Grid -
- Dim Light Reveals -
- Dynamic Lightning
- Global Illumination - The Entire Map & Token Layers of the Page are exposed, regardless of light sources or boundaries. This really only has value when paired with Restrict Moment.
PLAYERS REQUIRE THE SCRIPT TO FUNCTION
- Unless players are using the script, the players cannot This is one of the features that doesn't work unless the players are running the script.
- Work Around:have the players run the script; or upgrade to a paid subscription
NEW ADVANCED DYNAMIC LIGHTING PANEL DOES NOT SHOW UP
- Under Page settings, the Advanced Dynamic Lighting Tab does not show up. This issue only presents for paid subscriptions
- Work Around:Disable the script and re-enter the game, the tab will be displayed. Currently the script is limited to Legacy dynamic lighting only.
- Why are my player's seeing the map when I've set dynamic lighting on?
- This is most often because your player(s) are not running the script.
- Why can't a player see anything
- Most often because the don't have a token that has light/vision defined.
- Work Around:Go into the token settings and confirm the player's token is controllable by the player in question and that it has vision (see Set Light).
- None as yet (Do you have any suggestions?)
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.