Feature: Dynamic Lighting
- 1 Dynamic Lighting
- 2 Support/Suggested Use Guidance.
🚧 This Page is still being developed.
This allows for you to have use of the Dynamic Lighting feature while having a free subscription service. Dynamic Lighting is a combination of limiting what the player's character's can see, and limiting and limiting movement upon the map.
If the DM/GM of the game does not have a subscription, then in order for the player's to see the DM's dynamic lighting configurations, all the players in the session must run the script.
GM: (if running the Script)
- Must have Dynamic Lighting 🗹 Enabled on the Map's Page Settings.
- Must have the script running
- Must have a character token on the map they have control of with 🗹 Has Sight is marked, and either Emits Light marked, or another token within line of sight that Emits Light and has 🗹 All Players See Light marked.
Walkthrough (How to use it)
The feature is enabled by default when the script is running. It is not needed if the user that created the game is Pro or Plus level subscription as those games will automatically have Dynamic Lighting already and so the players will not need to run the script to experience dynamic lighting.
There are a number of guides on how to configure and use Dynamic Lighting.
As a gross overview of the relevant settings:..
- (in Settings ↦ Advanced)
Page Settings (Map)
- (Page Toolbar ↦ Page Settings)
- Enabled - Effectively a blackout screen which the GM reveals piece by piece through drawing tools.
- Enabled - toggles the Advanced Fog of War on or off
- Show Grid -
- Dim Light Reveals -
- Dynamic Lightning
- Global Illumination - The Entire Map & Token Layers of the Page are exposed, regardless of light sources or boundaries. This really only has value when paired with Restrict Moment.
Support/Suggested Use Guidance.
- The Dynamic Lighting feature is complicated, here are some community curated solutions to common problems, and best practices.
My player(s) see only Black.
- If your account isn't a Pro or Plus level subscription holder, make sure the player is running the current, highest version of the script and its active.
- Try toggling to on "🗹 Update only on Drop" under Page Setting's ↦ Dynamic Lighting.
My player(s) can not see anything on the map!
- Make sure they have a token they are a controller of on the page/map, and/or that their under the token's advanced settings the "🗹 Has Sight" is enabled.
My player(s) sees the ENTIRE map!
- )Make sure the Page Settings for the map either has "🗹 Dynamic Lighting" marked, or that "🗹 Global Illumination" isn't marked.