The Book feature of 5eTools allows the presention of the entire book with a reference Table of Contents, search
Instructions (How to use it)
Expand the following section for specific about the layout and features for each
1️⃣ Website Navbar
- The Navbar appears atop of most of the features of the site and helps quickly navigate between its features.
- The bar shifts to include the current page's title and some specific advice for its use, and link to the wiki for the site's feature(s).
2️⃣ Table of Content
- The tables of contents will be listed within this pane, clicking upon the book () will open the books ENTIRE contents in the page content pane (3️⃣).
- Clicking upon the will move the browser to the Library to choose a different book to review.
- Clicking upon to expand the selection to see section listings within the chapter.
- Clicking upon to collapse a Chapter heading and simplify the Table of Content's Pane.
3️⃣ Page Content
- This will be in a tradtional content layout.
- Formatting options include 3 Layers of headings; bold; italic; linked/tagged (denoted by blue text); Inserts; lists; tables; and a monster template;
See Homebrew for details about how to
- Unlike many other features, the books view is specific to a single source and does not have a filter to work through. However; there are some specific controls (below) to navigate up to the library of all current books available, and down to the specific entries thru the Table of Contents pane.
Shift+ Click - Opens the choosen section in a new browser window.
F- Find. A real
G- Go to /Jump to specific page.
SPACE- page down
- or - Return to the beginning of the current
- or - Moves between chunks of the book's pages.
- or - Loads the entire book into the current browser window.
- - will direct the browser to the Library to choose a different book to review.
- - expand the selection to see section listings within the chapter.
- - collapse a Chapter heading and simplify the Table of Content's Pane.
When you mouse over a heading (denoted by the different sized and different font type orange text); a transparent link icon will appear (see video animation) when that icon is clicked a "copied link!" will appear and then fade away quickly. Clicking upon the heading added the URL to that specific heading into your clipboard. You may now paste that into a document, messaging app, browser etc to bookmark or share with others so they too can find that specific passage/chapter (this is helpful for so-called "rules-lawyers").
- Looks like its perfect... (Did we miss anything?)
How do I get a print view?
- There doesn't appear to be an easy print view for the chosen book.
- Answer:Yeah, that's because that's called a BOOK, and you... own the book you're pulling information from, right?? If you do not, please purchase the book and support its creator(s).
- 🚧 Still being documented.
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.