Feature: Bind Drag-n-Drop
This enables or disables the Drag-n-Drop ability for player's use (effectively toggling such).
NOTE: The player (if they are using the script have the ability to temporarily import such themselves)
Walkthrough (How to use it)
- Ensure you are using Default 5e Character Sheet - (ie. 5e OGL)
- If you are the DM: Go to settings ;
- If you are a PLAYER or using Temp Import: Go to journal
- Click Bind Drag-n-Drop
- Effected entries in the Journal will now have a Green Highlighted Coloration (This indicates the script recognizes them as importable)
- Click and Drag them from the Journal onto an open sheet Character Sheet that is editable ( you must have write access and the Character sheet cannot be not locked)
- The sheet will (should) identify that the handout is being dropped on the sheet and after a few moments the sheet should update or prompt for User input.
Cannot Get Bind Drag n Drop to Work
- After Clicking Bind Drag-n-Drop some/all of the entries in the journal are not changing to green highlighted.
- Primary Cause:This occurs when someone moves/changes or in some way causes Roll20 to resave the file. Most often its someone opening the handout and attempting to modify the text of the player-facing handout. That, however, causes the system to review the text in the DM Only section and Roll20 attempts to "fix" the text which breaks the import code therein.
- Less common Cause:This occurs when someone attempts to use Module import/exported content for Bind Drag n' drop. Module import does not create drag an drop content, it makes a 1:1 copy of the Roll20 game data. Roll20/Orr does not support betteR20's drag n' drop approach.
- Work Around:Use import by category and bring in a copy of any of spells/items/etc that the adventure included with the GM's notes fields populated with the code needed to make bind drag n' drop work.
Cannot get the Race / Class / Background / Spell / etc to import to the character sheet.
- The imported Data doesn't get added to the Roll20 Compendium, so if you're looking there, you'll note (correctly) that those imported elements do not work.
- If you are clicking and dragging the journal entries on the sheet and it's not working, and the journal entry isn't highlighted green... you need to click the Bind Drag-n-Drop button. The entry must be highlighted (identified as valid) for bind drag and drop to work.
- If you're wondering why CharacterMancer doesn't have the new information, its because charactermancer isn't supported.
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.