- 1 Importing (Packages)
- 2 How do I import a full adventure with maps/scenes/tokens etc?!
- 3 What worlds can I import? (sotto voce:smartass)
- 4 And HOW DO I IMPORT THEM?
- 5 I get an error when I'm importing a world or module, what can I do to fix it?
- 6 How do I update or upgrade my world to the current version
- 7 How to I update my world myself to avoid all that?
- This the subsection from the general feature Importing Content.
- While Adventures are a collection of Journal/Notes; Monsters; Items; Rollable Tables from the 5e.tools website's point of view, in Foundry there are not any "Adventures" there are worlds; and there modules.
- WORLDS are a full campaign of content; including macros; journals; items; music; system settings and yes - maps (scenes) that are fulling defined with walls, light sources, sound events etc.
- MODULES (in this instance) are packages in which the Compandia (plural form of Compendium) for one or more adventure can be stored. There is a discussion on what benefits there are for this elsewhere in the User Guide; but for our purposes the Modules of an adventure is reference book version of the adventure; broken into logical units but not easily read through. Its a way of containing and transferring content into an existing world.
- For your purposes, the Packages differ from Import Adventures in that there are different options in packages (variant copies of adventures, adventures that are not currently in 5eTools, and modules.
Instructions (How to use it)
- From the Tabletop you'll want to make sure you are in one of the following:
- Journal Entries
- Click the Plutonium Import or Import (if using Streamer Mode)
- This will bring up the Import Wizard
1. Choose Importer
- OR chose "
- (In the future.... this will change to installation via manifest URLS and access to installation via UI for for the Compendia)
Import doesn't have a success notification
- The import process will not provide a visual indicator of a package's successful installation.
How do I import a full adventure with maps/scenes/tokens etc?!
- That's called a WORLD in Foundry. You would import the world for that adventure.
What worlds can I import? (sotto voce:smartass)
And HOW DO I IMPORT THEM?
- You follow the instructions here
I get an error when I'm importing a world or module, what can I do to fix it?
- That does happen for a few, sorry. If you're one of the few with the problem. That's unfortunate. Seems to be related to certain ISPs.
- You report the specifics around your error(s) and hopefully a pattern will emerge so you can use it in the future. But for now, you cannot.
- or.... I guess you could try the manifest URL for the world/module from the https://foundry.5e.tools/index.html site
How do I update or upgrade my world to the current version
- Take notes about the party's specific current location, on their current scene. What their stats, HP, Experience and attributes are.
(take a screen shot if needed)
- Make a backup of the actors and any scenes; actors; tables; macros and items you added.
- Check the backup to make sure its a viable copy.
- Go into the User directory for the FoundryVTT; into the
./Data/Worlds/<world_abbreviation*>/Datadirectory and make a copy of (if they are there) combat.db; users.db; fog.db; chat.db; sessions.db; macro.db;
- Install the update (this will overwrite your world - this SHOULDN'T replace or overwrite the Chat; Users data; Session logs; and Fog of war/explored regions - but it might, (hence that last backup) [NOTE THAT FOR 0.7.5+ core updating will erase your fog of war, and restoring that file will not restore that, 0.7.5+ is a breaking change for prior fog of war)
- Restore the actors, journal; items; tables; macros; scenes you added to the world.
- Test the world
- Replace the character tokens to where they were before. Modifying other actor tokens that were already defeated; fled or were injured.
(if Chat; Users data; Session logs; and Fog of war/explored regions were not maintained - report that, and restore your copies of such back into the directory.)
- YOU'RE DONE
- NOTE: The following worlds have changed their internal names, so when you "update" them, you'll be making a NEW world/module.
- Current Name (prior name)
humblewood (aitw) saf (tsocr) stss (hftt) ootw (oow) tfyp-atg (tftyp-atg ) tfyp-dit (tftyp-dit ) tfyp-tfof (tftyp-tfof) tfyp-thsot (tftyp-thsot) tfyp-toh (tftyp-toh ) tfyp-tsc (tftyp-tsc) tfyp-wpm (tftyp-wpm )
How to I update my world myself to avoid all that?
- Follow the conversion guide's steps for updating that world's level of function.
- None as yet (Do you have any suggestions?)
- Learn how to make your own Adventures importable
- Importing in Foundry
- Importing Adventure
- Foundry:Converting Converting
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.