- 1 Importing (Packages)
- 2 How do I import a full adventure with maps/scenes/tokens etc?!
- 3 What worlds can I import? (sotto voce:smartass)
- 4 And HOW DO I IMPORT THEM?
- 5 I get an error when I'm importing a world or module, what can I do to fix it?
- 6 How do I update or upgrade my world to the current version
- 7 How to I update my world myself to avoid all that?
- This the subsection from the general feature Importing Content.
- Packages are a collection of worlds; and there modules (adventure compendium) and modules (add-ons) .
- For the sake of brevity and because these definitions have been covered in previous entries, we'll skip to the walkthrough instructions of importing any of these either.
- (For your purposes, the Packages differ from Import Adventures in that there are different options in packages (variant copies of adventures, adventures that are not currently in 5eTools, have add-on modules, or test case / early release content).
Instructions (How to use it)
- From the Tabletop you'll want to make sure you are in one of the following:
- Journal Entries
- Click the Plutonium Import or Import (if using Streamer Mode)
- This will bring up the Import Wizard
1. Choose Importer
- OR chose Adventure and then World/Modules
- and in that pane select either world or Module (for this walkthrough we'll assume you're importing the world version).
- Choose the world
- Click Import
- Wait a bit. (I know this is vague, but ... depends upon your internet speed, size of the world etc.) Typically less than 10 minutes
- To see the newly imported world, you can either browse the /data/worlds/ directory through a File Browser or
- Go to the Foundry Configuration and Setup screen (app) and look in the "worlds" section. (If the module or World is not listed you may have to force Foundry to have it update its index - easiest way is to restart the foundry session, but you can force a restart within Foundry as well (and those that know how, feel free to do that - for simplicity sake, this wiki will not discuss that)
- (In the future.... this will change to installation via manifest URLS and access to installation via UI for for the Compendia)
2. Running a World
- Imported worlds run just like a normal world. You click on them and launch them - as that information is now local; feel free to modify, update, remove content as you feel fits your campaign.
- BE AWARE - Importing worlds does not do ANY validation/checking- so if you import a world you've previously imported, it will overwrite the prior instance; ALSO, you cannot change the directory's name -that will break the world.
The World/Module I want isn't there or isn't listed anymore
- yes 2021/01/07 - this was done. the worlds were made for 0.6.6 core; Not 0.7.x - while the did "work" there were enough people didn't (don't) read and complained so they were pulled rather than deal with the number of people that couldn't read there was a KNOWN issue around such.
- Which is ironic, because this is being posted under a known issue, and I'm sure likely not going to be read either. Ah... irony.
Import doesn't have a success notification
- The import process will not provide a visual indicator of a package's successful installation.
This (world/module) importing doesn't work on theForge / Foundyserver.com
- Yes. That is correct. Its also against the Terms of Service for theForge to use Plutonium on the service, so... maybe don't?
How do I import a full adventure with maps/scenes/tokens etc?!
- That's called a WORLD in Foundry. You would import the world for that adventure.
What worlds can I import? (sotto voce:smartass)
And HOW DO I IMPORT THEM?
- You follow the instructions here
I get an error when I'm importing a world or module, what can I do to fix it?
- That does happen for a few, sorry. If you're one of the few with the problem. That's unfortunate. Seems to be related to certain ISPs.
- You report the specifics around your error(s) and hopefully a pattern will emerge so you can use it in the future. But for now, you cannot.
- or.... I guess you could try the manifest URL for the world/module from the https://foundry.5e.tools/index.html site
How do I update or upgrade my world to the current version
- Take notes about the party's specific current location, on their current scene. What their stats, HP, Experience and attributes are.
(take a screen shot if needed)
- Make a backup of the actors and any scenes; actors; tables; macros and items you added.
- Check the backup to make sure its a viable copy.
- Go into the User directory for the FoundryVTT; into the
./Data/Worlds/<world_abbreviation*>/Datadirectory and make a copy of (if they are there) combat.db; users.db; fog.db; chat.db; sessions.db; macro.db;
- Install the update (this will overwrite your world - this SHOULDN'T replace or overwrite the Chat; Users data; Session logs; and Fog of war/explored regions - but it might, (hence that last backup) [NOTE THAT FOR 0.7.5+ core updating will erase your fog of war, and restoring that file will not restore that, 0.7.5+ is a breaking change for prior fog of war)
- Restore the actors, journal; items; tables; macros; scenes you added to the world.
- Test the world
- Replace the character tokens to where they were before. Modifying other actor tokens that were already defeated; fled or were injured.
(if Chat; Users data; Session logs; and Fog of war/explored regions were not maintained - report that, and restore your copies of such back into the directory.)
- YOU'RE DONE
- NOTE: The following worlds have changed their internal names, so when you "update" them, you'll be making a NEW world/module.
- Current Name (prior name)
humblewood (aitw) saf (tsocr) stss (hftt) ootw (oow) tfyp-atg (tftyp-atg ) tfyp-dit (tftyp-dit ) tfyp-tfof (tftyp-tfof) tfyp-thsot (tftyp-thsot) tfyp-toh (tftyp-toh ) tfyp-tsc (tftyp-tsc) tfyp-wpm (tftyp-wpm )
How to I update my world myself to avoid all that?
- Follow the conversion guide's steps for updating that world's level of function.
- None as yet (Do you have any suggestions?)
- Learn how to make your own Adventures importable
- Importing in Foundry
- Importing Adventure
- Foundry:Converting Converting
Did that answer your question(s)?
If you enjoy the project, please follow this link to see how you can contribute and help make it even better.