Better20 User Guide
You're likely here because you've found the tool, and want to do "x" with it and want to know how to do it. or you tried to do "x" with and its not working.
So, for that let's directly link to where you likely want to go...
It is not 5eTools
- The first thing you should know, is that's not 5eTools. Its a way to make Roll20 better, using 5eTools website data. So while its linked, they are not the same and if you do wind up on their discord channel you'll get better results if you don't post BetteR20 questions in #5eTools channels, and instead keep it to #Roll20, or #BetteR20 Issues.
How do I get it?
- Its a tampermonkey script. Which modifies your local session (mostly). So, in brief, you need to
- or for a more specific guide - see the 💾 Better20 installation guide.
How do you use it?
- Mostly, its going to be about how you play.
- There are LOTS of features in BetteR20, and you'll need to understand what you can do before anyone can tell you how to do what you may want to do with it...
- but chances are, you want to start off by importing something into your game.
- A note
Each Feature's wiki page will denote which items are DM only, Requires the DM & Players to Run, or will run for the Player (even if the DM doesn't use the script).
Icon Meaning GM only feature Requires Players Run the Script to make use of this feature. Either DM or PC can use this feature. Requires DM to enable this feature for Players to use/have access to it.